From: Matthew Black <black@csulb.edu>
Subject: Re: question on mailbox size limits
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:04:22 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>, Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
I knew about the MBOX limit. I thought the limit was also due to 32-bit numbers in the account.info file tracking folders, especially the Size= attribute. Does CGP software handle signed integers bigger the 2^31? I may have missed that change.

matthew black
e-mail postmaster
california state university, long beach

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:10:06 -0400
 Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com> wrote:
There is still a 2gb limit on mbox-type Mailboxes (textmailbox). This limit doesn't apply to mdir-type mailboxes (maildirmailbox).

NH

*Nicolas Hatier, ing.* <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com <mailto:nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>>

On 2011-07-21 11:03, John Lalande wrote:
Hi-

I tried finding info on this in the Communigate Pro documentation (checked the Scalability page and others) and can't find info on whether there's a folder size limit (either in terms of size, e.g., 2 GB per folder, or # of messages). Have folks here seen a limit, either on the client side or server side? Back in the day, I heard there was a 2 GB per folder limit in Thunderbird, but when I tried to find info on this, the only such limitation I could find was related to client-side local storage. Which none of our users will use -- they want everything on the IMAP server so they can access their old email wherever they are.

Our clients are all set for IMAP access, so this would really be primarily for server-side folders.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John