From: John Lalande <john.lalande@ssec.wisc.edu>
Subject: question on mailbox size limits
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:03:51 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
Signed Data (Text SHA1)
Hi-

I tried finding info on this in the Communigate Pro documentation (checked the Scalability page and others) and can't find info on whether there's a folder size limit (either in terms of size, e.g., 2 GB per folder, or # of messages). Have folks here seen a limit, either on the client side or server side? Back in the day, I heard there was a 2 GB per folder limit in Thunderbird, but when I tried to find info on this, the only such limitation I could find was related to client-side local storage. Which none of our users will use -- they want everything on the IMAP server so they can access their old email wherever they are.

Our clients are all set for IMAP access, so this would really be primarily for server-side folders.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John

John Lalande
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science&  Engineering Center
1225 W. Dayton Street, Room 439, Madison, WI 53706
608-263-2268 / john.lalande@ssec.wisc.edu

Content Unaltered as verified By:
<john.lalande@ssec.wisc.edu>