From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Cached deleted messages
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:37:53 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
That link may help you:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/purge-imap-items-marked-for-deletion-HP010080420.aspx

under "Automatically purge the deleted items".

NH

On 2011-07-14 19:22, Paul_Dudley wrote:

We are using version 5.2.19 on a Red Hat linux server. Clients are either Outlook 2007 or 2003.

I see that messages deleted by Outlook seem to remain cached on the server in the folder they were deleted from – you can see them when you login via webmail and there is even an option to undelete them. All staff have their account set to delete the message (not just mark for deletion) and move the message to the Trash folder. The cached deleted messages remain there even after staff close and restart Outlook.

This plays havoc with staff whose usage is up at their quota limit. Is there a way to clear these cached messages more quickly or a setting to set to stop this caching?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator