From: Technical Support <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Is the "pbx" account safe to delete?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:42:48 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2011-06-16 16:58, Marcel Hochuli wrote:
But what, when it really counts against the license?

I have an installation with 25 licenses. I cannot add any account. I get
System overloaded

postmaster and pbx ar IN the 25 accounts!

Yes. Why not?

They are not counted in the community license.

The "pbx" account is not recreated automatically if deleted.
The "postmaster" account is recreated automatically if the "postmater" name can not be rotuted locally - because per the standards the server should be able to receive mails for this name.

But you can delete the "postmaster" account too if you add an alias with this name (or a router record pointing) to some account in the primary domain.

???

Marcel

+---
mailto:mhochuli@a-f.ch
otherto:noway@a-f.ch
_______________________________________

Am 09.03.2010 um 21:30 schrieb Philip Slater:

pbx does not count against the license and would be recreated at
restart of CGP just like postmaster is if deleted.

Phil

On Mar 8, 2010, at 9:44 PM, Shaun Gamble wrote:

On 9/03/2010 3:18 PM, Dan Hedley wrote:
Hi list,
If I only intend to use CG for mail, calendars and IM, can I safely
remove the pbx account? Is there anything I should do or know first?
Many thanks.
Dan Hedley.

From memory, the pbx is a special account that does not count against
your license. It is advised to leave it there as it is a special
system account. http://www.communigate.com/CommunigatePro/PBXCenter.html

Or I could be totally wrong. :-)
[]

--