From: Andy Kunkle <akunkle@aimengr.com>
Subject: Re: CGP 5.4.0 and Android - Syncing Calendars, Contacts and Mail over Airsync
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:40:58 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We are using the Motorola Droid X and have had no issues with syncing calendar information with 5.4. I advise my users not to accept incoming appointments on the phone because it tends to do very strange things -- like send the acceptance e-mail 100's of times, or never actually add thed appointment to the calendar. But if you add it through Pronto or Outlook, it seems to be fine.

We had some issues with the HTC Incredible where you replied to messages and they got stuck in the Outbox on the phone for no apparent reason. If you created a new message it sent fine, and if you removed the original text from the reply it would also send. Very strange behavior. But overall I'm impressed with the Android OS.

Hope it helps.

Andy

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:10:19 -0500
 "Taylor, Jonn" <jonnt@taylortelephone.com> wrote:

 We are using the HTC EVO from Sprint and have not had any problems 5.4.
 Email, calendar and contacts all sync very well. I have used the
 roadsync app and it works ok. I did have problems with open attachments.
 As for the built in app, it has been working very well including
 attachments.

 Jonn

 On 06/08/2011 12:05 PM, Elliot Wilen wrote:
 I may be a bit behind the times, but Android originally did not ship with built-in ActiveSync support. Some hardware manufacturers (e.g. HTC) added Airsync to the Android that shipped on their phones, but some of their implementations had problems (mainly with non-Exchange servers that used Activesync). I believe Android 2.1 or 2.2 (Froyo) was the first version to natively include ActiveSync support. Aside from Touchdown, there's also RoadSync.

 So in the Android universe, you've got

 1. Devices with no ActiveSync.
 2. Devices with manufacturer-tweaked support for ActiveSync.
 3. Devices with Touchdown.
 4. Devices with RoadSync.
 5. Devices with native ActiveSync.

 And of course, there may be multiple versions under each category. So some might work better than others depending on your Activesync server (CGP in this case).

 --Elliot Wilen

 On Jun 8, 2011, at 9:50 AM, ralf.zenklusen@barinformatik.ch wrote:

 Hi Emre,
 we use Android 2.3.4 with inbuild calendar and email over airsync with no visible or known problems.
 I also know that other Android version seems to work fine, but without having tested these too much...

 What exactly is not working or problematic?

 Regards
 Ralf