From: James Roman <james_roman@ssaihq.com>
Subject: Re: Re: IM Setup Advice?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:58:17 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
The implementation for basic 3rd-party client (iChat) to server is pretty straight forward.

  1. Enable XMPP listeners on the CGP server.
    1. Settings->RealTime-> XMPP->Recieving->Listener
    2. Open ports 5222 (SSL off), 5223 (SSL on), 5269 (SSL off).
  2. Verify that CGP is listening. On *nix and Mac use "netstat -lnp | grep 522" and verify that the the CGServer process is listening.
  3. Verify XMPP is enabled for domain users.
    1. Select a user account in Admin interface. Under Enabled Services, make sure it lists: +XMPP. If not enable it for the server by selecting Domain Settings, and enabling it (for all domains on the server).
  4. Open firewall ports (server and network)
    1. TCP for all ports listed above.
  5. Configure the client to connect to the server.
    1. Follow "iChat as your IM client" tutorial at http://www.communigate.com/main/tips/

On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Lyn wrote:
Doesn't take much to get me confused I guess. I'm still not able to connect. Wish there was a cookbook or simplified instructions regarding this particular feature.

Lyn