From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Spam Practices
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:08:21 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

We obviously use our own product, PolluStop, which filters out most of the spam we receive with a very low false positive rate. But we also use CGP-ClamAV with the SaneSecurity database, before PolluStop kicks in, to refuse viruses and a good share of very obvious spam - this part of the filter is signature-based, the false positive rate is around 1 on 10k messages since we use it.

Last year I wrote a short wiki entry about our setup, especially about the advantages of using the synchronous enqueuer in CGP: http://www.niversoft.com/wiki/index/A_Good_Antispam_and_Antivirus_Setup

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2011-05-12 10:32, dhazzard@yoursummit.com wrote:
Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a poll on what everyone is doing to combat spam these days.  Our system has been working pretty well with Spamassassin 3.2.5 (with several RBLs, especially barracuda's).  We have started to see an increase lately and training on these messages doesn't seem to be very effective.

Regards,
-Dana