From: Rob Rooken <rob@enem.nl>
Subject: Re: AstraSync
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:06:33 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Op 28 apr 2011, om 16:02 heeft David Brookfield het volgende geschreven:

Anyone know how to buy the AstraSync licence online? I'm being pushed to a page not found on the CGP site from AstraSync and a sewarch comes up with nothing worth while, I need the before the weekend starts..
Why is it buying from Stalker is so difficult?

Thanks in advance.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:26:59 +1000
Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au> wrote:
My companies use AstraSync and find it works quite well. There are
some quirks with it, however it works well with MAPI for email,
contacts and calendars.

On 20/04/2011 12:18 AM, Massimo Bolzoni wrote:
Ciao,

Il giorno 19/apr/2011, alle ore 16.12, Tom Rymes ha scritto:

On 04/19/2011 9:35 AM, Mohseen Ahmed Mustafa wrote:
We have a problem with our Blackberry users. When they receive an email
on an MAPI account, it gets pushed to the BB configured for IMAP. But if
they touch that email from outlook (MAPI) for replying or any other
operation or even just to read it again, they get a duplicate copy of
the message in BB.

I read about similar problem in Blackberry forum with exchange while BB
is configured for IMAP
the workaround is to use OWA in Blackberry setup however looks like so
far no workaround for CGP. If anybody knows a solution of this problem
with CGP please let me know.

BR,

Mohseen
Mohseen,

We ran into this problem, too. The simplest solution is to stop using Blackberries....

OK, just kidding, but that is exactly what we have done. What happens here is that the MessageID is modified, causing the BB to think it's a new message it has never seen before. You can search the archives of this list to see the thread(s) I started a few years ago on this subject.

This is the option I prefer ..... :)

Indeed I am not a lover of BB neither an opposer of it but I just think that new Androids devices as quite good for most purposes. And if an iPhone can not be used on the field on many people (understandable) now with Androids devices you can close this gap.

Another option is to use one of the dedicated pieces of software that are designed to link BB to CGP. I don't have any experience with them, however.
This is also a viable solution. Astrasync works pretty good in many situations, worth a try.

Massimo

Perhaps others can chime in?

Tom

--