From: Juergen P. <jay@core.at>
Subject: Re: Calendar and dates before 1.1.1971
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 02:25:29 +0200
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>, <joachim.stampfer@gmail.com>
hello,

here you'll find the answer:

RFC 3283             Guide to Internet Calendaring             June 2002

5.1 Scheduling People, not Calendars

  Meetings are scheduled with people; however, people may have many
  calendars, and may store these calendars in many places.  There may
  also be many routes to contact them.  The calendaring protocols do
  not attempt to provide unique access for contacting a given person.
  Instead, 'calendar addresses' are booked, which may be e-mail
  addresses or individual calendars.  It is up to the users themselves
  to orchestrate mechanisms to ensure that the bookings go to the right
  place.

5.2 Administration

  The calendaring protocols do not address the issues of administering
  users and calendars on a calendar service.  This must be handled by
  proprietary mechanisms for each implementation.

kr

Juergen

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:13:39 +0200
Joachim Stampfer <joachim.stampfer@gmail.com> wrote:
i think this failure will never be solved. i posted this bug about two years ago. i cannot understand why it is so hard to fix it. there are some hints about UTC and the unix timestamp. i cannot undertsand this situatuin, too. i have not heart anything from technical support. for me its very aggravating, too. we have to administrate our birthdaylists in excel or similar things. it is really unconceivalble.

maybe one more interested person will speed up solvimg the problem. lets see ... :-)

bw

Von meinem iPhone4 gesendet

Am 27.03.2011 um 11:36 schrieb Hannes Hromadka <Hrom.0611.nospam@aon.at>:

Hello:

Why does CGate corrupt all calender entries with dates before 1.1.1971?

I maintain a Brithday Calendar in Thunderbirds Calender. All entries are
dated to the real birthday of the persons with yearly recurrence.

If I store the data of old persons like me on CGate the year of birthday
is converted to 1971. I could not find a restriction in the vcalender
specification that entries before 1971 are invalid.

Is there any chance to get this corrected in the GA relase of 5.4?

  Greetings from Austria

       Hannes

Send administrative queries to

Send administrative queries to