From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: External storage for folders for one account
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:41:26 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I am running CGP 5.3.12 on Windows 2003 Server

I've read the manual a few times however I cannot find a solution to my problem.

I have an account (backupaccount@maindomain) with the folder structure Archives->DomainName->YYYY

I have a NAS with the same file structure Archives->DomainName->YYYY.

All folders in the backup account are mdir format.

All incoming and outgoing emails are copied to this account with a server rule. Then this account uses it's own rules to move backed up emails into a folder it belongs to, such as domain1, domain2, etc. This folder is on the same level as INBOX and Archives.

Currently, via IMAP (TB), I move messages older than 3 months into the Archives->DomainName->YYYY folders. After the messages have been in the archive folders for about 6 months I move them at the file system level to the NAS equivalent directory. I have to do this as the internal hard drive fills up pretty quickly.

If the CGP server was Linux, I would simply link the NAS into the server structure under the Archives folder. Then I would just continue to use IMAP to move the messages rather than at the filesystem level. However I'm using Windows 2003 and cannot see a way to do it.

So (finally) my question is this:

How do I get CGP to accept the account is on the server but one of it's folders (and subfolders) are on another machine?

--

Shaun
http://www.fitzroyisland.com http://www.destinationnt.com