From: Juergen P. <jay@core.at>
Subject: Re: any fix yet for Thunderbird issues?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 00:45:05 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
hi,
have you tried to change values there ?? unlimited connections to something else and reserved to 400 (guess) also ?
have you checked netstat -a if the performance goes down or some errors were produced ?

kr

Juergen

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:11:58 -0500
Brian Gibson <gibson_brian@wheatoncollege.edu> wrote:
To answer your question Juergen we have 900 channels for the IMAP listener and under "settings" - "access" - "imap" - "listener" we have two ports listening (143 and 993) and the "Limit Connections from same Address:" is set to unlimited and the "Reserve Connections for Clients:" is set to "0".

Typically we have anywhere from 700 to on the high end 800 IMAP connections at a time and it dies off at night to anywhere in the 400's.

On 2/8/2011 11:51 AM, Juergen P. wrote:
settings - acces - imap - listener
what limits are set there? would be interesting.
kr
Juergen
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 08:44:57 -0800
"Matthew Black" <black@csulb.edu<mailto:black@csulb.edu>> wrote:

/On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:31:52 +1000/
/Shaun Gamble </listrdr@redco.com.au

When TB upgraded to 3.0 and then 3.1, there was an introduced
issue where they index all of the emails in each folder. This
causes all sorts of issues. The indexing can be switched off
but only at the client. We experienced the problems. As a CGP
administrator, you may not notice the problems unless you get
complaints or look for them. The problem definitely exists
though and is caused by TB, not CGP.
The only solution I have found is to disable the setting at
each client. When you have a large number of clients with TB,
this is not necessarily an easy option.

/Here's a thought.../
/We have plenty of Thunderbird users but haven't seen any problems
with the start of our spring semester. My experience is that
Thunderbird indexes all folders the FIRST CONNECTION only, and
then it only indexes new messages with each successive connection.
With people returning from a long break, they may have a lot of
new messages in their INBOX to index./
/I'm personally using Thunderbird 3.1.7, although this message was
composed in webmail./
/We run CGP 5.3.2 on a 2x2 dynamic cluster, Solaris x86, 38000
accounts and 1200 current IMAP sessions on the two back-ends./
/Under advanced server settings, Thunderbird defaults to 5 IMAP
sessions that it will cache. Is there a way to enforce a CGP
server side limit?/

/matthew black/
/e-mail postmaster/
/california state university, long beach/
/#############################################################/
/This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to/
/the mailing list </CGatePro@mail.stalker.com
/To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
/To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
/Send administrative queries to/

---
Best regards