From: Lyn <lynlist@nowdata.com>
Subject: Re: any fix yet for Thunderbird issues?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:02:09 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Your point about using a modern file system valid. I'm running a stuck-in-time PPC Mac (10.5.8) with reasonalbly-fast hard drives. I'm hoping a PPC running a 64-bit OS would be an improvement.

The server reports (this is peak time): 3.25 (1 min) 3.05 (5 mins) 2.83 (15 mins)

Users:
177 HTTP
110 HTTPU
27 POP
160 IMAP

I don't have an accurate way of measuring, but the disk I/O appears to be the bottleneck. It's pegged for hours at a time.

Lyn