From: Lyn <lynlist@nowdata.com>
Subject: Unknown User Account
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:19:39 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I upgraded our mail server over the weekend to CGP 5.3.12 (was 5.0.14). Today, I have several users who cannot POP or SMTP. I took control of an Outlook 2007 user's machine and his account is configured perfectly. He has not altered it for months.

The POP and SMTP accounts are configured correctly with the fully-qualified usernames (including domain). Port numbers are all correct, including SMTP 587. He only has 2 accounts defined in Outlook, and his alternate account to another mail server works fine (incoming and outgoing).

CGP is logging errors like this. I'm not understaing why there isn't a domain appended to the account name:
POP-042064([69.61.224.47]) failed to open 'stefan.eckert'. Connection from [69.61.224.47]:65435. Error Code=unknown user account
Anyone have any ideas? I've setup many accounts, and I'm 99% sure his looks fine.

Lyn