From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley@anl.com.au>
Subject: Problem with attached pdf file
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 14:41:45 +1100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

We are running CommuniGate Pro 5.2.19 on a Red Hat AS 4.8 server. Clients are Outlook 2003 or 2007 all running on Windows XP.

One of the companies we deal with sends us invoices in an attached pdf file. However when we try to open the pdf file we get an error message informing us that the message is damaged or corrupt.

Looking at the raw code of the email the start of the attachment is as follows:

--_51a4279d-b209-4a8c-8c10-f44b280262f2_

begin 644 eInvoice262108.pdf

M)5!$1BTQ+C(*)<?LCZ(*-" P(&]B:@H\/"],96YG=&@@-2 P(%(O1FEL=&5R

And the end is as follows:

?," P(%(*/CX*<W1A<G1X<F5F"C@V,C8V"B4E14]&"B Q

end

--_51a4279d-b209-4a8c-8c10-f44b280262f2_--

The email is system generated and it looking at the way it was encoded it appears that it was created on a unix or linux system. I have requested that the same email be sent to another account I have on an Exchange server. I can open up this email on my Exchange account OK so it appears that for some reason it is not being decoded correctly on our mail server.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley