From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley@anl.com.au>
Subject: FW: Comparing LookOut to standard skins
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:32:03 +1100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Thanks Nicolas.

Does anyone know what file needs to be edited (on a linux server) to change Viewpoint and Simplex so that they can be configured to go straight into the Inbox?

I assume it is a file under /var/CommuniGate/WebSkins/Simplex and Viewpoint or under /opt/CommuniGate/WebSkins/Simplex and Viewpoint.

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email: pdudley@anl.com.au

On 2010-10-26 19:09, Paul_Dudley wrote:

I have been asked to compare LookOut to the standard skins that are supplied with CommuniGate Pro. Looking at the skins available with the 5.2 and 5.3 version range of CommuniGate Pro I find that there are some features which are available in LookOut that I cannot find in the normal webmail skins. These are:

The three pane view while in a mail folder

To be fair with other skins, the GoldenFleece one has a three-pane layout. But I'm not sure it is really usable (doesn't seem to work well in anything but IE6, and even there...). I think initially GoldenFleece has been inspired by LookOut 1.x, as there is at least a very short code snipplet that was apparently copied from it... :-)

Going straight into the Inbox instead of that day’s “summary” when you initially login

ViewPoint, XChange and Simplex can be configured to skip the summary.

ANL DISCLAIMER