From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2010
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:01:47 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I have been advised by many people to stay away from Outlook 2010 64 bit as it breaks too many connectors (such as CGP MAPI). I'm currently using Outlook 2010 32bit.

I was running OL 2007 with MAPI. I upgrade OL to 2010 and everything (almost) stayed as is and it was extremely painless. EMail is still working through MAPI as it once was.

However, there are no menus and no ability to do anything MAPI related from the menu within Outlook.

I am running 5.3.9 on Windows 2k3. I was going to upgrade to 5.3.10 but am hesitant now with the server side DLL issue.

If the lack of menus does not bother you and you simply just want Outlook 2010 to work with email, contacts and calendar on the server, then it works. If you want to give access to others and use MAPI properly, then either get ready to use Webmail as well or stick with 2007.

I must also say, our numbers of staff using MAPI is dwindling rapidly. People are sick and tired with how slow it is. We were moving people onto MAPI and AstraSync (with BlackBerries). So there is no way I will upgrade anyone other than myself to Outlook 2010 and MAPI before I have tested it thoroughly. As I can no longer buy Outlook 2007, this is becoming a problem.

On 27/10/2010 8:06 AM, Ron Sarver wrote:
1st) We're 5.3.9
2nd) Don and I talked about this today. He's been using OL 2010 since July. If there was an issue, he would have told us.
3rd) I just got 5.3.10 downloaded. I'm contemplating the update today.

Ron