From: John Souvestre <johns@sstar.com>
Subject: RE: authBackupChecker2.pl helper timeout
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:37:12 -0500
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Hello Nicolas.

Fantastic!  I’m certainly interested.

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA

From: CommuniGate Pro Discussions [mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com] On Behalf Of Nicolas Hatier
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:42 AM
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions

I have C++ code here based on one of the authBackupChecker scripts. It uses SMTP to verify if the account is valid at the other end, and caches the result (including negative results) for a predetermined amount of time in a sqlite database.

If enough people are interested, licenses for the program could be made available, I just need to apply a few modifications.

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2010-10-26 02:44, Kirnauskis Postmaster wrote:

My tests indicate that Stalker's authBackupChecker2.pl is more or less useless. I haven't tested the alternative script because its old and poorly documented.

Unfortunately my Perl skills are not good enough to make modifications to improve the robustness of either version, so I'm back to square one on my original problem. :(

On 25.10.2010, at 18:38, John Souvestre wrote:

Yes, that is the script.  I spoke with the person who reworked the Stalker
script to produce it but he has moved on and doesn't use it himself any
longer.  I also spoke with Roman regarding the Stalker script.

I would have thought that there would be a fair amount of interest from
people using it, but it seems that not many do.

On 25.10.2010, at 17:45, John Souvestre wrote:

There is an unsupported version of this script, modified by
hedgehog@on-line.ru.

John,

Are you referring to this (from year 2007!) or is there a more recent
version available?

http://cgpro.servicemail24.com/index.php?main=view.php&subid=94&CGSR=CGIDa48
2c58717d61d6c6294695e9e10656a

So frustrating to hear that just when I thought I had this figured out.
Especially considering the script is distributed by Stalker!

--
Kirnauskis Postmaster
postmaster@kirnauskis.com