From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: PBX script / ReadInput
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:45:14 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Thanks for your answer.

My code looks like yours, and the stock auto-attendant script too.

On CGP side, the Media settings (including DTMF) weren't changed, still the factory defaults - Threshold 60, Minimal 80ms, S/N Ratio 6, Harmonics 4, Signal 15.

On the Softphone side the settings are default too, the software sends both in-band and RFC2833 DTMF signals. I think X-Lite / eyeBeam / Bria are very common softphone apps, and the fact that a completely different one (expressTalk) was giving the same behavior makes me think the issue is on CGP side or somewhere between...

Nicolas

On 2010-10-17 03:58, Karl wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

We use this extensively with 5.3.9 and I can’t see why there would be an issue at the CGP end of things.  Lots of my code uses things like this:

    PlayFile("fd_RecorderMenu");
    //
    // command input
    command = readInput(10);
    exitif not IsString(command) or else command == "#";

Have you checked your various DTMF settings?  If you are using in-band DTMF this sometimes does not work and you may get better results with DTMF according to RFC 2833 or using SIP Info.  Try a few different settings and see if this is the issue.

Karl

On 2010-10-17, at 10:26 AM, Nicolas Hatier wrote:

Hello.

While trying to test a PBX script, I'm facing a strange issue: ReadInput always returns null.

I'm connected with a softphone (X-Lite, but I tried another with the same result) to a local dev CGP 5.3.9 server (on the same machine).

Even using the stock auto-attendant scripts, if I enter on the softphone a valid extension when the script asks me to, all I get is a ~10 seconds wait then a "goodbye" and hang up.

Any idea what is going on? I didn't touch PBX scripting since more than a year, and at that time ReadInput was returning me nice digits, so now I'm a little lost...

Regards
Nicolas Hatier