From: <quinton.wells@ba.com>
Subject: Re: Error with MAPI on Vista - wrong user folder
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:25:17 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Tom
Just zeroing in on your mention of the profile folder for the user.
When a user 'Fred' logs on to a PC for the first time, the 'user profile folder' is 'fred', for example.
If that account is recreated elsewhere and then logs on again, the PC sees it as a different user to the one before and in order to identify them as separate accounts, appends the windows domain name on the end as you note.
So the first time a user logs on, the windows domain is not used in this context.
Quinton

--
This message is private and confidential and may also be legally privileged.  If you have received this message in error, please email it back to the sender and immediately permanently delete it from your computer system.  Please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments.

British Airways may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails, where permitted by law, for the purposes of security and staff training and in order to prevent or detect unauthorised use of the British Airways email system.

Virus checking of emails (including attachments) is the responsibility of the recipient.

British Airways Plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1777777.  Registered office: Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, England, UB7 0GB.

Additional terms and conditions are available on our website: www.ba.com