From: <quinton.wells@ba.com>
Subject: Reversing logic on Mail Rules
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:03:47 +0100
To: <cgatepro@communigate.com>

Hi
I am currently using the free version of Niversoft's Find Attachments v1.1.6a to add headers to all inbound messages.
I have an associated agent that drops any messages that have an identified .exe attachment:

<Header Field> is <X-AttachExt.exe>
<Reject with> 'This server does not accept .exe attached files'

I have now been asked to drop all messages that contain an attachment that isn't any of '.doc, .xls, .pdf, .txt'
I am trying to get my head around the logic.
My understanding of rules is that each test is processed 'line by line' independent of any earlier test and if a test returns false, the rule is then exited with no further action in that context; so I can't 'OR' tests.
I would be grateful of suggestions on how to program a set of rules to achieve the desired result.
Regards
Quinton
--
This message is private and confidential and may also be legally privileged.  If you have received this message in error, please email it back to the sender and immediately permanently delete it from your computer system.  Please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments.

British Airways may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails, where permitted by law, for the purposes of security and staff training and in order to prevent or detect unauthorised use of the British Airways email system.

Virus checking of emails (including attachments) is the responsibility of the recipient.

British Airways Plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1777777.  Registered office: Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, England, UB7 0GB.

Additional terms and conditions are available on our website: www.ba.com