From: Jon R. Doyle <jdoyle@communigate.com>
Subject: RE: New IM features and improvements
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:21:49 -0700
To: <cgatepro@communigate.com>
Hello;

I have not been able to see IM conference functioning yet (but I did not apply too much, because it's not >perceived as a key feature by my users).  Now I tried with CGP 5.3.7 running on Mac OS X Server 10.6.3 in >this way:
- user1 using Pronto! on AIR v3.7
- user2 logged with iChat v5.0.3
- user3 logged with Pronto! v.3.7 running in Safari 4.0.5 (64-bit)
all users were logged on Mac OS X 10.6.3 clients.

User3 initiates a chat with user1, then user2 is added (he receives messages, but the iChat window does not >allow to post massages). User1 is added to the conference. All messages sent by Pronto! are received by all >participants, but iChat user is still unable to post any message.

OK, we reproduced that. What's going on exactly, we are trying to figure out. Apple and Microsoft both do odd things from time to time. And before anyone cries foul, I am an Apple user myself. If you create a conference room, like we have one called watercooler, and then connect, it works fine. Ad-hoc rooms initiated from Pronto! seem to have this issue as you describe. But, it seems isolated to iChat.

Regards,

Jon